Monday 14 March 2016

Evaluation Task One - Conclusion

Conventions are the typical ways of doing something and typical choices made, in our case, conventions refer to a generally expected ways of doing music video, DIGIPAK and the the Website. 

Conventions can be used and supported. They can be challenged and deliberately broken. In evaluation of the question set I feel that I have followed a lot of the conventions of media products in my own campaign.  This use of these conventions is evident in the construction of my own products, for example black and white CD Digipak and the Website. This is supported by my own research onto similar artist- Arctic Monkeys. At the same time I have sought to develop and been able to challenge conventions, for example, I have dressed my band in quite dull colors instead of bright clothes that are typical to the pop music video.
I have achieved and my product is competitive in the music industry and I have attempted to challenge audience expectations, bring something new to the media forms.  Media Conventions are ultimately relied upon for communicating the right message to the intended audience, but also deviate from these expectations helps sell the star image that I wanted to promote. Audiences produce meaning from the interaction of the conventional material in a text, and their understanding of conventions, for example in my music video there are a lot of close-up shots of the main artist because I wanted him to be the centre of the music video and also I wanted the audience to become familiar with his face and the star image he is representing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment