Monday 14 March 2016

Evaluation Task 4

How did you use new digital media technologies in the construction, research, planning and evaluation stages?

Throughout the process of my media campaign I have used several digital technologies to create my final products. I have worked with three different types of cameras- a basic camcorder, the Sony NX5 film camera and the Sony FS100. I used the camcorder to take practice shouts to get a feel of how the shots would look.


These cameras are all convergent- this is because I can take the memory card out of these devices and upload the footage captured onto a PC/Mac. This can also be done by using a USB cord to connect the camera straight to the PC/Mac. I used these products to capture the footage and create a clear image, white balance, zoom and panning were all used. Another big piece of Technology used was an Apple Mac.



This is where I used the software- Adobe Premier Pro to edit my footage. This software let me use the razor tool to crop the rushes. I also created lots of bins to organise the rushes. 


After finishing the final cut, it was uploaded to the popular broadcasting platform - Youtube. This is a digital technology which allows us to become prosumers and upload this video to allow audiences to share, comment and like it.
The music video I created was also uploaded to lifestream, there was also an event where the videos were released live. People could watch a montage of all the music videos at the time they were released. This screening gave us a lot of positive and constructive feedback. 

The key skills I have used are team building, group communication. One of the best ways we kept a good level of communication was using the messaging app, Whatsapp- we created a group chat and often discussed responsibilities of what needed to be down when we couldn't physically be together.




No comments:

Post a Comment