Monday 14 March 2016

Evaluation Task Four- Conclusion

By using digital media technologies I have used technological convergence to allow me to create a successful main product and three ancillary products. 

I have gained skills which have allowed me to use new media technologies which has made me a prosumer in the in the online age. This means I can produce and consume products using web 2.0 and platforms such as youtube.
A theorist who is interested in a lot of this participatory culture is Henry Jenkins, He talks about how as humans we do not only produce products in this day and age, we are also able to consume others' creations because of the opportunities web 2.0 has given us. 

 The use of Adobe premier Pro as a piece of editing software has taught me how to select and organise a music video to a very high standard using off the shelf media equipment, I am able to crop footage and edit proficiently now.  I have also been able to share ideas and research global and industry standard products, I have been able to do this because I have access to sites such as, google, youtube and get information from the BPI.  Digital technology has made available to me opportunities to upload, share and distribute my products using You tube as a free online broadcast platform.  

It is also interactive – audiences have been able to feedback, like and comment on my products using features such as subscribe features, and also embed my product into their own social networks such as Facebook or blogger, and other online sites.  These new skills learned on this course have enabled to gain experience not only as a user of digital technology, but also to also become a producer – important to an understanding of the media in an online age and how I can consume products as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment