Wednesday 3 December 2014

Test Footage Review

Chapter Twenty-Seven

"I will go anywhere as long as it is forward!"


Test Footage Review

What were you filming and why?

I filmed a few shots which I had in mind for my thriller's opening sequence. They were basic idea's of bathroom shots and an experience of what there is in a bathroom to film.

What substitutions did you make in the test filming and why?

We didn't have a bath and we only used one actress to represent two different people. We also couldn't use water or film underwater, also our actress couldn't act to the full with limited props and set.

What camera angles and movements were you testing and why?

I wanted to try and test out as many shots and angles as possible on the flipcam. I used a high angle over Phoebe's head which looked effective, I also used side, front and back profiles.

Did you find this process useful as a duo?

I found the process useful as I could get a better idea of what I wanted. As a duo it worked really well because while testing the shots, there were two opinions and requests instead of one.

What worked well?

The use of high angles worked well and so did the filming through the keyhole. The tap and running water scene was also surprisingly impressive.

What didn't work as well?

Due to lack of set and a decent camera some shots were unstable and unclear. The lack of set made us unable to get the shots we wanted. eg. Bath shot/ Underwater shot. 

How has this influenced you with the next stage of your idea?

 This exercise allowed us to look at different shots we could you, what would and wouldn't be possible along with what looked better that the initial idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment