Friday 6 March 2015

Task Six - What have you learnt about technologies from the process of constructing this product?



 Chapter Fifty-One:


What have you learnt about technologies from the process of constructing this product?

I have learnt a lot while constructing my opening sequence to the thriller Evangeline. In terms of online technologies, for the Pre-Production, before I began filming I used Blogger, to plan out shots and the plot of the opening sequence. I blogged research on other opening sequences and thrillers by finding them on YouTube also. The software I used to edit the material I had filmed was Adobe Premier Pro. I really enjoyed using this software as it is a new software to me, I previously have only used Final Cut Pro and iMovie. This was a new option for Post-Production editing in my opinion it was the best.   On the day where Production was due to start I used hardware including A Sony NX5 film camera to capture the material I would later edit and my iPhone 5 to record what happened throughout the day via photographs. On the NX5 I learnt to use the focus, zoom, white balance, exposure and record buttons. I used two Online Technologies to find sound for my thriller. I used YouTube to search for copyright free music, and SoundCloud for sound effects.
In Post-Production, there were a lot of tools to learn about before I could begin editing my thriller. I learnt how to create a Bin. I also learnt how to move Rushes into the bin. I began Cutting the rushes using the I and O buttons on the keyboard. I then ordered them so the clips could change in the right places. To make clips longer or shorter I learnt to use the Arrow tool which is enabled by pressing V. I learnt it was possible to Unlink sound which is important if it needs to be dubbed over a visual slide. Once sound and video were sorted I needed to add in Titles. There is a tab for this. Finally I Exported the video into a film and it was available to upload to the Online Broadcasting Network YouTube.



No comments:

Post a Comment