Sunday 6 September 2015

Lose Your Mind - Music Video Idea

Lose Your Mind

Kodaline


I have decided to look at the track 'Lose Your Mind' by Kodaline as a possibility for my A2 music video. The band are an Irish rock band. There are currently four band members, Steve Garrigan,Vinny May, Jason Boland, Mark Prendergast. The band have had an MTV nomination, a BBC nomination and won an EBBA.


For this idea I have used the concept of folklore and fairytales as inspiration. More closely looking at Alice in wonderland. The song and the music video are already very trippy. It is something a little different for the band. 

This is slightly similar to the concept behind 'Waltz' by Rachel Sermanni. 

The men are very mainstream looking. But also have a bit of irish country flair. Which I think could work well with the concept.

I would like there to be an establishing shot of a large tree in a forest with lots of branches. There will be three or five people sat in the tree. I would like the theme to be very abstract and whimsical. There are cups, saucers, tea-pots etc hanging from the branches. 
The models I plan to use in the music video will be a happy medium of victorian era and very futuristic, Lady Gaga style makeup and hair. I would like two female models and a male model. For the male model's inspiration I would like to use The Mad Hatter. 
For what will happen throughout the music video, I would like a section for the characters to be sat in the tree's minding their own business. The lyrics of the song begin with 'loosen up and lose your mind, you never know what you could find on the other side'
I would then like the line 'A hundred thousand butterflies
Floating in the orange skies above my head.'  to show one of the models inspired by butterflies, e.g.- butterflies in her hair, on her dress. hanging around her. 



I would like a section where the models are painting the white roses red, to reference the red queens act in Alice in Wonderland.

For a later section in the song I would like a birds eye view shot down on the models layer in the grass on their backs in a circle. 
For the ending I would like a different girl to wake up from underneath a tree with a book in her hands, during the lyrics *All of the things that made you feel better
You should write it all down and put it in a letter.
[x2]

Again this should reference Alice in Wonderland. As i feel the lyrics and the track very much suit this concept. In a dream like form. Some of the lyrics will be synced with lip-syncing.




No comments:

Post a Comment