Tuesday 4 August 2015

Lip Sync Challenge

Chapter Fourteen


1. What did you do to prepare for the lip sync task?
As a class we all decided to wear black, this is because we had seen the set and didn't want to class with the set. We chose to look at a military theme as Taylor is a representative of strong independent women. 

2. What did you do in the studio?
I worked in front and behind the camera. I had to mouth the words as the song was played of a loud speaker system. 

3. What did you learn?

I learnt how to match a soundtrack to lip syncing. I also learnt several different techniques to create a visual on Adobe Premier pro.

4. What did you do in the suite, what steps did you take to cut the video?
In the suite I took lots of advice on how to match the video and sound perfectly so the lip syncing fit the track. This also involved removing the sound from the video clip and just using the backing track with Taylor Swift on it. To use straight cuts I placed lots of sits on top of each other and cut them accordingly to  what suited. 

5. What did you learn about editing music video?

One of most interesting things I discovered when editing the challenge, which I will definitely look out for when producing my final music video is how two shots need to make sense. For instance, If I decided to use a shot of the guitarists upper body and head and then cut to the piano being played showing only the keys, this would not make sense. It would make sense to take the shot of the guitarists head and link it to him or her playing the guitar.

6. Did you make any mistakes on the day, how could you shoot or cut the video more effectively next time?

As this exercise was only practice and fun, I feel a lot of the mistakes we made *eg, not timing the shot correctly* were made to work in the video. When cutting I feel we did it as simply and speedily as possible which would not be too desirable for the final product. 

No comments:

Post a Comment